Sorry this is a day late! When I was searching for a recipe with Swiss Cheese in it I found this recipe. I thought it looked really yummy.
Dunkley's Famous Macaroni Salad
1 (16 oz) package salad macaroni (or ditali pasta)
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup red onion, diced
1 cup yellow onion or white onion, diced
1 cup medium cheddar, diced
1 cup Swiss cheese, diced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup dill pickles, sliced
1 cup salami, diced
1 cup black olives, drained and sliced or diced
1/2 teaspoon horseradish
1-2 tablespoon garlic salt
1-2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1-2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 (3 oz) jar pimentos, rinsed and drained
1-1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil.
2. Add macaroni and cook until it is al dente, approximately 7 to 9 minutes.
3. DO NOT OVERCOOK the pasta or it will fall apart when the salad is tossed together
4. Rinse macaroni until cool.
5. Drain well and let it dry out slightly.
6. Place pasta in a large bowl.
7. Carefully fold in celery, red onion, white onion, Cheddar, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, dill pickles, salami, and black olives.
8. Refrigerate the mixture, covered, overnight (or refrigerate for at least 2 hours).
9. Mix the garlic salt, minced garlic, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, and celery salt together. Add to the salad.
10. Fold in pimentos.
11. Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise and horseradish; fold into the salad (You may use up to another 1/2 cup mayonnaise, if needed).
12. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Makes 25 servings
******First of all I cut the recipe in half. I didn't want to have leftovers of this for the rest of our lives. I didn't use horseradish or pimentos (I couldn't find the pimentos at the store). I didn't use the full amount of cayenne pepper and added the lower amount of the black pepper because I didn't want it to be too spicy. I mixed the spices with the mayo instead of the pasta/veggie mixture because I thought the spices would be more evenly spread out that way.
I would rate this at 4 stars. It would a great potluck dish. We loved it! I think it would be perfect for a Summer picnic.