Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken

This is super simple but I thought I would post anyway. I use to make something like it when we were first married but haven't even thought about it until this challenge.

Here is the recipe I found on the Internet

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinlesschicken breasts
1 bottle teriyaki marinade/sauce
1/2 red onion, sliced into rings
1 medium green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut in to
1" pieces1 can (20 oz size) sliced pineapple rings, drained

Directions:
Rinse and dry chicken. Pierce in several places with fork. In a large zipper top bag, combine chicken with 2/3 cup of the marinade. Reserve the rest of the marinade. Marinate in fridge at least 30 minutes. Spray a 9x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, add onion rings and green pepper. Place chicken on top of veggies. Discard marinade that chicken was in. Place pineapple rings on top of chicken and pour the reserved marinade over all. Bake at 350F for about 40 to 45 minutes or till chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

This recipe from CDKitchen for Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken serves/makes 6

I marinate the chicken for longer. I think about 6 hours is good. I grilled the chicken & pineapple instead of cooking in the oven (well my husband did the grilling). We also grilled the veggies. Served the pineapple and veggies over the chicken with rice on the side.

Yummy!!! I rate it a 3. While it is tasty enough to take to a dinner party or pot luck you really need to eat it hot so I don't think it would travel well!!!

Sorry no picture!!!

No comments: