Sunday, November 15, 2009

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

I got the recipe here. I chose this one because the first comment cracked me up. She rated them 5 stars.

These Stink! August 17, 2009 By Angela.Emily
"I am so mad that these are delicious! They are unbelievably Amazingly Bad! I got so many complements on these. That is why I'm not rating these five stars."

Reminded me of my sister, whom I'll call DisGrace. haha.

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
* 1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
* 1 egg
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375°.

Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy.

Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.

Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°.

*****

Per some of the other comments, I used about 2/3 c peanut butter and added vanilla. I also used an ice cream scoop and made giant cookies. It made 16.

We give this 5 stars -- soft, rich, yummy ... I could only eat one giant one!

1 comment:

evitafjord said...

I starred these in my Reader. I believe they shall make an appearance in the goodie auction for Christmas Pageant.