Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crock Pot Pork Roast with Apples

Gives a slightly sweet hint to the pork. I've done something similar before, but had to do it this week because of the challenge!

I used two medium sized roasts with bone in that I got on sale. The husband loves pork, and this way I'll have leftovers for a couple of other dinners this week.

Place roast(s) in bottom of crock pot. Pour about 1/2 c apple juice over the top and sprinkle liberally with sea salt (and pepper if desired, but I'm out and didn't). Cook on low heat 8 hours. The longer you cook pork roast, the more tender it gets, so you could even start it the night before and cook for 20 hours. Soooo good. About 1/2 hour before serving, slice two cooking apples (granny smith, jonathan, etc., NOT red delicious or gala) and place on top and around the roast. If the slices get in the juices, they turn into more of a fried apple consistency.

We served with baked potatoes and green beans.

No comments: