Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes


Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake Mix
3/4 cup water
1 apple, grated (minus the core, of course)
8 dashes of cinnamon

Directions:
1) Blend mix and cold water together with a wire whip. Batter will be slightly lumpy. (Do not overmix.)
2)
Fold in grated apple and cinnamon.
3)
Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto lightly greased and preheated 375°F griddle (medium heat).
4)
Cook pancakes 1-1 1/4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, turning only once.

***
My kids wanted pancakes for breakfast. As I was making them I saw the bowlful of apples sitting on the counter and decided to turn them into apple cinnamon pancakes. I thought they turned out pretty good. They could use a little more apple taste, though. I'm not sure if the solution to that problem is adding more apple or just dicing the apple, rather than grating it. But, it was a nice way to 'spice' up our pancakes and get another serving of fruit in.

3-4 stars. I will probably make them again, but I don't think they were quite fancy enough for a party or something like that.

1 comment:

stewbert said...

I love apple cinnamon pancakes, especially with caramel syrup.