Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

I know that I have been a total slacker the last couple of months. We have been so busy that I really haven't been cooking. Things are calming done now and we are getting back to normal.

This is a recipe I got from a lady in my mom's ward right after I got married. It has become a staple at our house.

4-6 chicken breasts (frozen are great)
1 package Italian seasoning
1 cube butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Put chicken, Italian seasoning, and butter (cut into chunks) into crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add this point I like to shred the chicken (this is because sometime I only put in 2 chicken breasts and it makes it go farther). Add the cream cheese and soup. Let sit for 10 minutes and then stir in. Cook on high for one more hour. Serve over rice.

I have seen this same recipe where you use powdered ranch dressing mix instead of Italian seasoning. We tried it and don't like it as well.

We love this!!! We give it a 5. I have served it for company before and they loved it. This is also something I can't to my friends and neighbors that have just had a baby.

No comments: