Monday, October 26, 2009

Challenge Ingredient: Halloween food

This week's challenge has a lot of room for variation. We wanted to do something festive. The challenge is Halloween food. Now, this can be interpreted in many different ways. Are you making special Halloween themed-treats for kids at home or school? Do you have a traditional meal you make on Halloween? Are you going to make something after the dreaded sugar night in an effort to use up some of the copious amounts of candy?

My mom always made Frito Boats on Halloween. You just put Fritos in the bottom of a bowl, pour chili on top, and garnish with whatever you want -- diced onions, cheese, sour cream. It was quick, it was easy, and it was warm.

Last year, I made cemetary cupcakes (my own variation on this recipe). They were fun. I'm hosting book group this week, and having read Frankenstein this month (which I don't recommend, by the way), I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have to share! Here are a few ideas to get you going.

No comments: