To get your creative juices flowin', here is a list of quick serving ideas from WHFoods.com:
- Combine cooked kidney beans with black beans and white beans to make a colorful three bean salad. Mix with tomatos and scallions and dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Serve cooked kidney beans over a piece of cornbread and top with grated cheese for a twist on the traditional tamale pie.
- In a food processor or blender, combine cooked kidney beans with garlic, cumin and chili peppers for a delicious spread that can be used as a crudité dip or sandwich filling.
- Make a pot of chili, the hearty Mexican soup that traditionally features kidney beans.
- Make tacos with a vegetarian twist by using kidney beans in place of ground meat.
Have fun with this week's ingredient, and get your recipes posted by next Sunday. Have a great week!
Note: Sorry for the delay in posting the new challenge. In the words of Andie Anderson, "Do you think I'm some kind of mental person?!" I think so! I've been such a space case lately! Hopefully I can get my act together sooner than later.