Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Big Greek Pasta

I got this recipe out of my Dream Dinners cookbook. Sorry about the picture it was taken just before I was getting ready to heat up the leftovers the day after. It looked so much better then this right out of the oven!!!

1 pound rigatoni pasta

1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds (I used 2 instead of 1)

15 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice

1 Tablespoon minced garlic

1 red onion, diced (I left this out since the kids and I don't like it)

1 1/2 pounds cooked diced chicken breast

1 Tablespoons olive oil

1 cup crumbled feta cheese

1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (I didn't have a lemon on hand so I used lemon juice)

2 teaspoons dried oregano

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 cup Parmesan cheese

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and place in the prepared baking dish. In a bowl combine all ingredients expect Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture over the pasta. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Cover with aluminum foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the top is golden and cheese is bubbly.

We loved this and give it 5 stars!!! It is awesome fresh. Not the great as left overs. My kids ate it all and asked for more.

No comments: