Monday, August 10, 2009

Skillet Chicken Italiano

3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 can mushrooms, drained
1/2 c. Italian dressing
2 T. butter
1/2 c. minced onion
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
shredded cheddar cheese to taste


Place chicken and mushrooms in dressing and allow to marinade 20 minutes. In a large skillet melt butter. Add onions and saute until tender. Add chicken mixture, cook until no longer pink. Add zucchini, cook until desired tenderness. Add tomatoes. Heat through. Sprinkle with desired amount of cheese, allow to melt. Serve hot with french bread.


This is actually a staple recipe, but we love it, so I thought I'd share! I grew up on it. It's really fast, really easy. Everyone we feed it to loves it (except my weird brother-in-law who doesn't like squash. What gives?). You can easily scale it down or make it bigger for different sized families. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mary Ellen Greenwood said...

Mmm... Thinking I'll try this tonight with pork.

Lyndsie said...

Sally I am totally going to try that. It sounds so yummy.