- Zucchini plants have big beautiful yellow flowers.
- Like the tomato, the zucchini is actually a fruit. Botanically speaking. According to Wiki, it's the "swollen ovary of the female zucchini flower."
- Zucchini are low in calories and contain good amounts of folate, potassium, vitamin A, and manganese.
- When choosing your zucchini, longer is not always better. Immature zucchini have better flavor, and longer may be a sign of fuller maturity.
- Choose zucchini that have firm, dark green skin. Old zucchini are soft and wrinkly.
For more information on how to choose zucchini (specific to what you're making with it), click here.
Get your recipes posted by Sunday night, and happy cooking or baking!
When you tag your posts, please tag them with only these three tags: your name, the current challenge ingredient, and what type of dish it is (dessert, salad, side dish, bread, etc.). Please don't tag with previous challenge ingredients or preparation methods. Sometimes a dish can fall into two categories; when that's the case, go ahead and post two.