Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ground beef over noodles

Okay, I went lazy, too. Had a migraine today, so something quick and easy was all I was up for. sorry this is so cheasy (cheap, easy).

I usually make this with cubed sirloin steak and rice (mom called it sirloin tips and rice), but we didn't have any steak and since we're using ground beef this week, I figured what the heck. And no, this isn't supposed to be anything like beef stroganoff. lol.

1/2 pound package of egg noodles
3/4 pound ground beef
2 c water
2 dry brown gravy packets (y'know, the kind you mix with water)
Veggies of your choice, steamed, for a side dish

While you're boiling water for the noodles, thoroughly cook the ground beef. Add the water and gravy packets to the ground beef and let simmer while noodles cook.

Ta da!

you could add mushrooms if you wanted or make gravy from scratch, but it worked for us, and my picky daughter ate a bunch, so I guess it was okay. I'd only rate it two stars. It's much better with steak and mushrooms and a simple pan gravy, and I love it with rice, but I'd still only give that 3 stars.

No comments: