Sunday, May 17, 2009

Creamy Microwave Mac and Cheese

I was looking for something to make for dinner in the microwave (since we've been in the 100s this last week) and ran across this beauty. I found this recipe on Recipezaar.com.



Creamy Microwave Mac and Cheese
Servings: 4 (these must be small servings, 'cause it actually made about enough for my daughter and I. Maybe we really pig out on the mac and cheese. I dunno.)

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a medium saucepan, boil water. Add macaroni and cook 8 minutes; drain.
  2. In a glass or microwave safe dish, melt butter for 30 seconds. Blend in flour and salt.
  3. Stir in milk until smooth.
  4. Microwave 2 minutes, stirring with a fork after 1 minute, until thickened.
  5. Stir in cheese until completely melted.
  6. Pour well drained macaroni into cheese sauce, mixing well.
  7. Microwave at medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
  8. If desired, sprinkle top with bread crumbs before serving.
***

This was pretty easy to make. I would try it using different cheeses and spices. I read a few different recipes for mac and cheese, and some suggested adding dry ground mustard, garlic, Tabasco sauce, chili powder, white pepper... use your imagination.

I asked Katelynn if she liked it, and she said, "It's still a little bit too hot, but the sauce is good."
Well, there you have it, folks!

I give it 3 1/2-4 stars. Maybe serve it for a kids' dinner party??

No comments: