i know this isn't a very "new" recipe, but the concept was new to me not long ago, and it is the first time i've made this particular recipe, so maybe someone else will appreciate my sharing. still planning on trying ricotta cookies before sat!
1 pound pasta (i used medium shells)
1 16-oz. container ricotta
16 oz. shredded mozzarella
20 oz. spaghetti sauce
2 to 3 cloves minced garlic
~2 tsp. dried basil
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. cook pasta according to package directions. drain.
3. while the pasta cooks, combine one-half of the mozzarella with the rest of the ingredients; mix well.
4. add the pasta to the combined ingredients.
5. place lasagna mix in a 9 x 13 pan. top with remaining mozzarella.
6. bake 30-40 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and everything is hot.
Serve and eat!
makes 8-12 servings.
(should be called LAZY MOM's lasagna, as it's no cheaper to make than the real thing, just simpler!)