Saturday, March 7, 2009

Zesty Chicken Pot Pie

(from Kraftfoods.com. Click here to see their version of the recipe.)

Picture from Kraftfoods.com

12 oz. (1 1/2 pkg [8 oz. each]) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 env. Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1 refrigerated ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg)

PREHEAT oven to 425 F. Place cream cheese in large saucepan. Add broth; cook on low heat until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring frequently with wire whisk. Stir in chicken, vegetables and dressing mix.

SPOON into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Place pie plate on baking sheet.

BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown.

Serves 8

**************************************************************

I love pot pie, so when I saw this recipe I decided I had to try it. I made everything as it is listed, except I used Neufchatel cheese and when it came time to add the seasoning packet I realized that I only had Ranch and not Italian, so I just went with the Ranch. It was really easy to make. My family actually ate it. My husband couldn't stop saying how good it was. My sons, who are very picky eaters and normally won't eat anything with vegetables in it, didn't complain about the veggies and seemed to liked it. I am excited to try it again with the Italian seasoning and see what the difference is in the taste.

I would rate this a 3 1/2 stars (is that allowed?). I would definitely take it as a meal to someone and might take it to a potluck depending on the group. We will for sure be making this again.

No comments: