Saturday, August 20, 2011

BLT Pasta Salad

As I've been trying to do more meal-planning, I've been trying out many new recipes. I plan to share some of the winners with you. :)

I've made this pasta salad couple of times. It is so easy and so yummy! And, it's even better the next day! The recipe is from Food.com. It makes a ton, so for my family of 5 (2 adults and 3 6-year-olds) I usually cut the recipe in half. Enjoy!



Ingredients
    • 3 2/3 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni ( about 8 ounces uncooked)
    • 4 cups seeded coarsely chopped tomatoes ( about 2 1/2 pounds)
    • 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
    • 3 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
    • 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
    • 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt, drained
    • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    • 1 teaspoon sugar
    • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon pepper


Directions

  1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
  2. Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
  3. Add dressing to salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Caren with a "C" said...

I love BLT pasta salad. It is one of my new favorite pasta salads.