As I've been trying to do more meal-planning, I've been trying out many new recipes. I plan to share some of the winners with you. :)
I've made this pasta salad couple of times. It is so easy and so yummy! And, it's even better the next day! The recipe is from Food.com. It makes a ton, so for my family of 5 (2 adults and 3 6-year-olds) I usually cut the recipe in half. Enjoy!
- 3 2/3 cups cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni ( about 8 ounces uncooked)
- 4 cups seeded coarsely chopped tomatoes ( about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
- Add dressing to salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.