Friday, November 20, 2009

Easy Caramel Popcorn

I found this recipe off of the blog www.ourbestbites.com. They have some really awesome recipes so you should check them out!!! I LOVE this carmel popcorn, so much that I made myself sick by eating a lot. It was just so good that I couldn't stop!!! Sorry no pictures I eat it all.

2 Bags microwave popcorn (I used air pop popcorn about 1/2 cup)
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c white Karo syrup
1/2 t salt
1 cube butter
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla

Pop the popcorn and set aside. Place brown sugar, Karo syrup, salt, and butter in a microwave safe dish. Cut up the butter into chucks so it melts better. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stir and microwave for 2 more minutes. Add the baking soda and vanilla and stir until combined. Pour over popcorn and mixed well.

Spread it out over a piece of waxed paper to cool faster and so it doesn't get it stuck in one big lump. The longer it sits out the firmer it will get. If you want it crunchy spread Carmel popcorn onto a cook sheet and bake at 200 degrees for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

We give this 5 stars!!! It rocks!!! :)

No comments: