This week I have opted to share a recipe that I have made before. These sandwiches are SO easy, and SO yummy!!
BBQ Chicken Sanwiches
cooked chicken- grilled, baked, rotisserie, whatever.
BBQ Sauce of your choice - we actually mix several BBQ sauces when we make it, 'cause we're just crazy like that.
Liquid Smoke - this is the key ingredient right here. You can make it without it, but it makes a big difference!
Rolls, hoagies, hamburger buns, etc. - just put it on whatever kind of bread you like.
1) De-bone the chicken and shred it. You don't want it to be in teeny tiny pieces, but they need to be bite sized chunks. This can even be done a day in advance if you know you're going to be busy the next day.
2) Add BBQ sauce to the chicken and stir until coated nicely.
3) Add a dash or so (I know, very precise here) of liquid smoke. Stir.
4) Heat in the microwave till hot.
5) Place on bread to form a sandwich and enjoy!
This is a great meal that is fast and easy. When I made these the other day I grilled the chicken. No fancy spices on the chicken, just garlic and pepper. Usually we make it using left over chicken. You can also make it using those rotisserie chickens from the grocery store.
The leftovers are fab! And, they are great for packing in lunches 'cause they don't get soggy, especially if you are using a harder bread, like a bolillo roll or ciabatta bread.