Southwest Pasta with Chicken
- 1 box(es) Ronzoni Smart Taste Penne
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thinly
- 1 cup Onion (finely Chopped)
- 1 can Corn
- 2 cups Chicken Breast Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1-½ teaspoon Cumin
- 1-½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ cups Reduced Fat Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
1) Prepare pasta as directed on the box.
2) Meanwhile, spray a large pan with cooking spray and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add the bell pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes more. (You are just cooking until tender-crisp)
3) Put pepper and onion aside and add chicken to the pan. Stir around.
4) Mix all seasonings and sprinkle half over the chicken. Cook until cooked through.
5) Add half of the remaining seasonings and the sour cream to the chicken pan and turn heat to low. Toss to coat evenly.
6) Add the corn, peppers and onion to the chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Add the pasta, toss again.
You may add the rest of the seasoning (mix well) to taste if you like, add a few dashes of hot sauce if you enjoy your food with a kick, or sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese on top before serving.
My family loved this recipe. They ate it right up! My kids even asked if they could eat the leftovers a day or two later!! The recipe calls for red peppers, but I used green. I think the red is probably for color. But, it was still way tasty. And, this makes a LOT of food. The recipe says it makes 8 servings! So, you could make it and freeze half of it for later use if you have a small family.
I will definitely have to make it again. 4-5 stars.