Monday, May 11, 2009

Turkey Taco's

My brother-in-law made this for us a couple of weeks ago when we went to visit and it was awesome so I had to try and make it myself.

1 lb ground turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese
1 diced tomato
shredded lettuce
1 cup cooked rice
1 can olives
1 can black beans
Salsa
Homemade tortillas (I bought tortilla flour, you just add water and fry. They are so yummy. Much better then the store bought)
Any other taco garnish you like

Cook your rice. Dice tomato, lettuce, and olives. Shred cheese. Heat black beans in a sauce pan. Cook the turkey with the taco seasoning according to package directions. Let that sit on low heat while you make the tortilla (this are the best when eaten while still warm). Pile all the yummy toppings on your tortilla and eat!!!

We give this 5 stars. I wasn't sure I was going to like it with ground turkey instead of beef but it was really yummy. Having the homemade tortilla's makes a big difference they are really good.

No comments: