Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chef Spotlight: Mary Ellen

Sorry I didn't post a chef spotlight last week. Things around here have been cra-ZAY-zy! This week I am excited to spotlight Mary Ellen. Let's get to know her a little better, shall we?



Name
Mary Ellen Greenwood

Where are you from?
My Sunday school teacher told me I'm from Heaven, but I've met folks who seriously doubt that. (lol!) I grew up in American Fork, Utah (AmFo for all my homies), and lived there long enough to graduate from Greenwood Elementary, American Fork Junior High, and American Fork High School (Caveman holla!) (Holla!). I stayed local, graduating from BYU and then doing a stint teaching English in Taiwan. I went to USU for my master's and met the man my parents were able to bribe into marrying me. (I'm sure he gave at least 10 cows.)We live with our three-year-old son in Nibley (six miles south of Logan), where we manage to kill tomato plants with amazing regularity in our garden.

Why did you join What's in {Your} Oven?
I love to cook. And since I'm the only one at my house who actually will cook (drive-thru windows do not count as cooking), this blog serves as a necessary reference tool for my family's survival. (What's in {Your} Oven?...helping starving families everywhere.)

Who do you cook for?
John (my boy) and Ellis (my husband). Leftovers tend to go to the eight chickens that roam the backyard. They prefer hotdog chunks and apple cores. (chickens?! That's so cool!)

What kind of food do you like?
The problem here is what food *don't* I like? I'll say turnips (a food that wants to be a carrot and a potato...and achieves neither) and green peppers (I think I was traumatized as a kid when my mother forced me to eat stuffed peppers....blag).

What do you hope to get out of participating in
What's in {Your} Oven?
To magically turn into June Cleaver with pressed apron and cheery smile. If that doesn't happen, I'll be content with getting some great ideas for family meals. (I think there's a part of all of us that wishes we were June Cleaver.)

Thanks for letting us spotlight you this week. It is fun reading your posts, and we hope to get to know you even better!

1 comment:

stewbert said...

haha. that was fun to read. haven't talked to ME forever until the blog, but you're still the same hilarious ME we all know and love. *cheesy grin*